Author Topic: New Arms Race?  (Read 1325 times)

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
New Arms Race?
« on: April 18, 2016, 06:47:28 PM »
Read this today on Boeing News..... yeah, prolly should of been working..........................

Race to build newest arms risks revival of Cold War; U.S.

Russia and China pursue smaller nuclear weapons with less power

The New York Times    04/17/2016

Authors: William J. Broad and David E. Sanger

c. 2016 New York Times Company

The United States, Russia and China are now aggressively pursuing a new generation of smaller, less destructive nuclear weapons. The buildups threaten to revive a Cold War-era arms race and unsettle the balance of destructive force among nations that has kept the nuclear peace for more than a half-century.

It is, in large measure, an old dynamic playing out in new form as an economically declining Russia, a rising China and an uncertain United States resume their one-upmanship.

American officials largely blame the Russian president, Vladimir V. Putin, saying his intransigence has stymied efforts to build on a 2010 arms control treaty and further shrink the arsenals of the two largest nuclear powers. Some blame the Chinese, who are looking for a technological edge to keep the United States at bay. And some blame the United States itself for speeding ahead with a nuclear

Offline AG-51_Bulldog

• Administrator
  • Active
  • "When in doubt, Shoot!"
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
Re: New Arms Race?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 07:45:26 PM »
A Blind Man Seen this coming from a couple years ago at least.. I would say downsizing of the military and the Iran deal is what yanked the cork out of the rest of Genie Bottles!!! God Help us All!!!

"If you think your 6 is clear, I guess you're not thinking" ;~)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 12:39:44 AM »
Jeeeeeeze Hoss! And I was having such a nice, quiet and PEACFULL evening! Now I feel like General Turgeson from "Doctor Strangelove" :BangHead:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Glider

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 10:44:13 AM »
Well if you are General Turgeson that must mean Bulldoggie is Colonel Batguano? You better not try any preversions or you will have to answer to the Coca Cola Company.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:53:42 AM by AG-51_Glider »