Author Topic: BFM/BVR TTP's  (Read 851 times)

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
    • Awards
BFM/BVR TTP's
« on: November 20, 2021, 06:32:14 AM »
Tips for conducting BFM and BVR

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: BFM/BVR TTP's
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 01:39:49 PM »
After fighting last night and looking at the BVR timelines I did some testing tonight/morning.

I think you're right Soldier.

STT needs to lock and shoot first at the 50 mile mark and crank maybe 30-40 degrees to keep the lock.  Once the countdown get to zero (0) either skate out or re-attack. 

I noticed tonight on the Training mission from Razor, I PTT locked the number 1 bandit, fired at 50 cranked left keeping the lock until 0, then reattacked in TWS and fired three until they went Pitbull and was able to Skate with all 4 shots hitting and no missiles fired at me.

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Offline AG-51_Lahsoldier

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 IP and Smart Dude
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 02:10:17 PM »
Sounds good.  I made up a default contract for use during BVR.  I’ll add it to this post.  Basically the things we discussed.    Thinking we can keep TWS launches at 38 and see how close we can get the STT and TWS skates to happen at same time either by adjusting STT or TWS launch ranges.   
Best laid plans of mice and men are in vain if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket.

Online AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 02:57:57 PM »
Ya know, if y'all don't stop talking Greek in here, some folks might get the notion that y'all are talkin' about them!!  :Popcorn:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Lahsoldier

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 IP and Smart Dude
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 04:27:54 PM »
  Mafia standard contract for BVR operations

This contract is to be used as the default procedures to follow unless leads advises differently. NO calls regarding theses maneuvers will be given by lead or need to be given by others unless outlined.

1.   SHOT range for STT shooters will be 40 miles. (Start here and work it up or down as needed.)

2.   Cranks will be “OUT” cranks.

3.   STT shooters missiles will be supported until countdown is ZERO unless other factors prohibit.

4.   STT shooters will SKATE upon countdown of ZERO unless forced by other factors.

5.    SKATE direction will be 180 degrees away from the threat. A SKATE call will be advised (ie “Colt 1-2 SKATING”). This advises TWS and other STT shooters you’re at ZERO. If you’re able to discern if your target is splashed or missed then announce that along with your SKATE call.

6.   SKATE will be in full burner until lead announces REATTACK or ABORT and further instructions given.

7.   If REATTACK is given then turn back will be an “IN” turn towards threat.

8.   If during SKATE you’re being painted or locked, announce defensive and continue SKATE. Wingmen who are CLEAN can reattack if needed. 

Ya know, if y'all don't stop talking Greek in here, some folks might get the notion that y'all are talkin' about them!!  :Popcorn:

Maybe we are   :grin:

« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 04:29:29 PM by AG-51_Lahsoldier »
Best laid plans of mice and men are in vain if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket.

Offline AG-51_Bluto

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2021, 04:35:21 PM »
Roger that guys.  Good stuff!
Fight to fly.  Fly to fight.  Fight to win.

Online AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2021, 06:01:58 PM »
Now, I damn sure KNOW y'all are!!  :Rofl

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2021, 06:42:10 PM »
I think 40 is too close, pull the trigger at 50 off the rail by 48