Author Topic: Need Help With TS, SRS and TrackIr  (Read 4135 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Need Help With TS, SRS and TrackIr
« on: December 13, 2020, 08:11:32 PM »
Skeet and I were online this afternoon and came across a very interesting problem. When just on the decktop, he cannot transmit on TS when he has either TrackIR or SRS opened up on the desktop. He can hear OK but just can't talk. If we go into DCS and join a multiplayer mission, no problem - TrackIR and SRS work normally as does TS. We have been through all of his settings for TS and SRS and can't find a single thing different between his settings and mine.

One more issue is, he can't get back to his decktop from within the game. When he hits Alt Tab, it will bring up TS but not the task bar down at the bottom. Any help for some of you computer geniuses would be greatly appreciated!!  :tongue3:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Ajax

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: Need Help With TS, SRS and TrackIr
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 09:01:55 PM »
I wonder if it has something to do with it being in 'full screen' mode or windowed mode somehow.  That would be my first start.

Weird either way.
In the absence of orders, attack!

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 09:02:01 PM »
From the Main Set-up screen, lower right side:

Full Screen
Check this box if you wish the game to fill up the entire screen. When full screen is unchecked,
the game will run in windowed mode. If your desktop resolution is greater than your game
resolution and you do not have this box selected, then the game window will be smaller than
the monitor's display.

I believe he has it checked which limits the Alt-Tab capability.

Offline AG-51_TwoLate

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Never late for dinner
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 11:49:08 PM »
For the full screen problem I have that also. In Dcs I do the alt tab thing and bring up a window and select. While that window is up overlay by the window program you hit the Windows key on keyboard then the taskbar on bottom should come up.
"We don't leave our brothers behind."

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 10:55:21 AM »
I assume you are talking about the DCS window.  I always make my DCS window smaller than the desktop so I can move it around if I need to under the settings-system-resolution.  Then when I want it to go full screen I hit Alt +Enter.  I also do this when I am in VR as it helps with the FPS.
"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3" - Paul Crickmore SR-71 pilot

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 11:12:37 AM »
He did uncheck the full screen box with no change.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_TwoLate

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Never late for dinner
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 02:27:08 PM »
One workaround.IN DCS You need to hold down ALT TAB and select another window besides DCSWhen That program window comes up over DCS you will have taskbar to choose.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 03:55:34 PM »
He is not seeing anything other than the TS window. No task bar on the bottom.

Offline AG-51_TwoLate

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Never late for dinner
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 03:59:15 PM »
Ok hold on working on the fix.

Offline AG-51_Skeet

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 04:06:10 PM »
Razor is inquiring into two separate problems ... really the operator here is the #1 problem, but lets move on from that!

First issue:
I log into TeamSpeak as the sole program operating from my desktop and communicate fine.  I broadcast and recieve, no problem.
When I minimize TeamSpeak and open SRS, I am no longer able to transmit on TeamSpeak. Razor talks on TS, I hear him okay. I talk to him, Razor doesn't hear. Close down SRS, Razor again hears me on TS.
Initially, I had the same 'Push to Talk' button setup to transmit in both TeamSpeak and SRS - we thought that may be what was wrong... so we made a change, saved, shut down the computer and restarted.
Changed the PTT key in TeamSpeak to be the Plus (+) sign on my keyboard; if only TeamSpeak is open from the desktop, this now is how I broadcast, I hit the + button.
Unfortunately, didnt fix the issue, if I have SRS open, I am not able to transmit on TeamSpeak ...  regardless of the change in the PTT hotkey.
If I open TeamSpeak then minimize, Open SRS and 'Connect', then Open DCS and spawn into Multiplayer w/ Razor, I am able to transmit and receive (both on SRS within the Game, and TeamSpeak using the (+) button).
If I close just DCS, leaving SRS open ... back to not being able to transmit within TeamSpeak!

Second issue:
The windows task bar at the bottom of my screen is behind the DCS screen.
I think it is because I dont have the DCS Settings for the monitors Aspect Ratio set up correct, but Razor didnt think that would have anything to do with it.
My monitor's aspect ratio is 21:9 (it is really wide), in the DCS Setting there are several automatic pull down selections (4:3, 16:9, etc) available but no 21:9
It will however allow me to type in 2.333333333333333333 which is just the math of 21 divided by 9.
I changed it to one of the default choices like 16:9 with the thought that the screen would be restricted back, with black bars on each side, but it changes nothing. 

I am new to this DCS thing, and that is one thing.  I am pretty much a shit-show when it comes to setting it up as well! :tongue3:

Absolutely appreciate all of the help I receive from you guys!

Offline AG-51_Ajax

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 04:40:17 PM »
Regarding the first issue:
If, when you have only TeamSpeak and SRS open and can't transmit through TeamSpeak, can you see the TS icon light up when you attempt to transmit?  A yes answer would lead me to dig into audio port conflicts and a no answer would lead me to PTT keybind troubleshooting.  DCS could be clearing conflicts up since there are hooks into the game which may cause SRS to use different audio ports instead of the ports it uses outside the game.

On the second issue:
Like you mentioned about typing a value in for the Aspect Ratio, you can do the same thing for the Resolution.  In my case, I use a second monitor I bind to the game do display my DDIs onto.  My Resolution is set to 5480x1440 with a Aspect Ratio set to 1.77777777778.  If you are not in "full screen" mode, you might be able to trim a bit off the bottom of your resolution to get the toolbar back.
In the absence of orders, attack!

Offline AG-51_TwoLate

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Never late for dinner
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 04:47:39 PM »
Skeet I have the same aspect ratio. let us meet on teamspeak anytime. Also I pick 3440x1440 resolution. It gives aspect of 2.3888888888889 Also when I have teamspeak window up in DCS I have to hit Alt Tab a second time to get taskbar up. Lets meet on teamspeak Also a couple of window settings.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 04:49:23 PM by AG-51_TwoLate »

Offline AG-51_Skeet

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2020, 05:20:59 PM »
TwoLate,

How about this evening to meet on TeamSpeak?

I honestly do not recall the exact answer to Ajax's question related to the icon light up when I transmit.  It will be a good opportunity to confirm.

Offline AG-51_TwoLate

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Never late for dinner
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2020, 05:53:26 PM »
Pick any time eastern.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2020, 06:04:42 PM »
I am curious as to why, Skeet, you minimize TS before bringing up SRS. I had both opened up on my desktop yesterday when we were working on this as well as during multiplayer missions on squad nights.

When you were trying to transmit to me on TS after opening up SRS, the blue light was not illuminating. No light and no voice.