Author Topic: HARMs Have Been Released!  (Read 951 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
HARMs Have Been Released!
« on: January 16, 2019, 11:52:54 AM »
The new update is released and the AGM-88 is in the patch. I was able to load them but did not have time to go fly with them. We will take a look at them on Thursday night.  :thumbsup:

1. Master Arm Switch to ARM
2. A/G Master Mode ON
3. Select HARM from the TAC/Stores page
4. Press the HARM Sequence/RAID/FLIR FoV switch or to cycle the ground-radar emitters on the EW page / EW HUD / Azimuth Indicator (aka RWR scope)
5. RESET will automatically select the highest threat emitter
6. Press and HOLD the weapon release button or [RIGHT ALT + SPACEBAR]
7. Shout MAGNUM at the top of your lungs
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:59:37 AM by AG-51_Razor »

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_MD44

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: HARMs Have Been Released!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 02:56:26 PM »
Good tutorial and a very interesting blue on blue story with the HARM! :toothy3:

https://youtu.be/bf6EH9gRxlw

My Specs: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, i7-3820@ 4.55GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2070

Offline AG-51_Sparky

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 09:52:42 PM »
HARM test results. HARM is very easy to use. Just select which threat you want to attack with the FLIR/FOV button and fire weapon. I added an air start, HARM loaded test plane in Razor's Shuttle Diplomacy mission knowing it had a good number of anti air radars. These did not turn on until I was fairly close so I didn't get to test anything at a long range. I ran 2 test flights with a full load of 4 HARMs each time. The first test 2 missiles killed the radar emitting threat and 2 missed, very close to the target ( maybe a vehicle length away at most) but not close enough for a kill. The second test 3 kills and one very close miss. So my unofficial test says they are very good but not a sure thing. Nice to have this capability though as it's much better than what we had before...which was exactly nothing. You do need to be sure of your target because they obviously will target a friendly radar too. They would lock on the friendly ships radars as I cycled through the radar signals. It's always possible that the misses were because I didn't yell MAGNUM quite loud enough though.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:59:31 PM by AG-51_Sparky »

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 01:38:20 AM »
 :Rofl great report Sparky! Thanks.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 03:50:33 AM »
Ran Apache's Under the Fuzz mission tonight.

HARM's picked up the SAM Sites, and I launched at 22K  (370knts) from about 20 out. They were on track but came up short.

On another note, seems like the Case III bug has been fixed.  Ran Razor's Case III mission with a first pass 2 wire trap and lights!!!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 09:21:58 AM by AG-51_Sabot »

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Offline AG-51_Sparky

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 03:43:30 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bf6EH9gRxlw

Here is a pretty good video on the HARMs. He