Author Topic: IL2 Install  (Read 3932 times)

Offline AG-51_Glider

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
IL2 Install
« on: January 28, 2015, 11:32:49 AM »
So I have downloaded the Megapatch. It appears as if you just unzip the contents into the IL2 game folder. Is that correct?

I have a 4.10.1 Vanilla will the patch work with that? I tried unzipping the megapatch into it but when I started I was still getting the 4.10 splash screen.

Can I just download the full version of the v3 and then just use the v2 mod instead of the v3?

The current copy I have is casuing a weird issue in that when I start the game I lose the mouse. I tried disabling the mods and still the same thing. With the 4.10 it works just fine.

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: IL2 Install
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 04:10:55 PM »
On Edit:

Downloading the complete game will certainly give you a solid, working base, but for mission building, you'll want version 2.  Download the separate version 2 package from the FTP as well, unable all mods with JSGME( is unable a verb?),  then delete the version 2 folder from the jsgmemods folder in your game.  Extract the fresh version 2 into the jsgmemods folder, enable using JSGME, and you should be good to go.

I was able to do this twice, on two installs, so it fixed stability and bomb bay issues for me.

Best of luck!

T
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:18:10 PM by AG-51_Ted »

Sandhog

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 11:13:53 PM »
Disable is better... :tongue2:

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 11:40:45 AM »
Sometimes my internet humor just doesn't make it through...lol

Anyway, I've discovered there are TWO versions of Version 2....the easy way to tell the difference is:

One version contains the P-40 pack, you can tell by the P-40F or N.  This is the version that gave Strator and I issues with the TBF/M, it also makes the bomb bay doors unreliable.

The solid version has only the P-40E, E Field mod, and the P-40M

Sadly, it seems the P-40 pack was the issue, since Hoss didn't put it in version 3 either

Hope this helps

MAG-21_Popeye

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 01:51:20 PM »
Okay Im giving up!  :angry: Where is the all in one install and to what version will it take me.

I have screwed something up. When I insert my OEM disk INSTALL is not highlighted. I have renamed all existing copys and checked the APPData file. 
My current version will still not allow me to set prop pitch which was on my X52 pro thumb slider or my supercharger next or previous which was on hat switch on throttle and the tail hook which was simply H . But no matter what I choose I cannot assign any of those to any switch or key.
 I have a working copy of IL2 Sturmovik 1946 4.12.1.M HSFX7.0, with most of the correct control assignments, but when I copy and paste User file it just wont take.   
So my question is: what is my best course of action.  My current version does work but without those three controls carrier take of and landing will be impossible. :angry:

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 02:14:00 PM »
Get it here Popeye: http://airgroup51.net/forum/index.php?board=11.0

Select the AG-51 Standard ver 2. It is a jsgme file that you will put into the jsgme folder of your working copy of 1946 4.12.2m HSFX 7.0.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 08:30:44 PM »
I do apologize, I'm always mucking around and changing things on my install(s), and then I post about it.

Razor is correct, the best thing is to download the COMPLETE game from the FTP.  It arrives all patched up, with the AG-51 standard version 3 installed and activated.

That will stand you in good stead for most everything.

Odd that your working install is doing the things you describe, and I'm sure you've already done this, but perhaps a double check on the folder and file attributes to make sure they're not "read only"?

Second option is to go into your USERS folder, under your username folder, and make the changes directly in the settings.ini file.

I'll be on TS early if I can help.

T

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 09:23:34 PM »
Here's the links to a couple of sometimes helpful Microsoft articles on the runtime error.

First, I'd try the "Clean start" to see if there is something in the background, it's the easiest

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796/

After that, this is the list of things that may be causing it...although the article is for XP, you may find something helpful

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888019

There is a thread on M4T directly related, but it seems they've been hacked today...

MAG-21_Popeye

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 04:12:06 PM »
Okay I have downloaded the "complete" and downloaded and installed 702 ver2 game runs great.  Although I cant get the USER file to stick!?  says over writes but game still shows Cobraj as pilot.   Also same with cnfg.ini and I have to copy cnfg to separate folder then drag it over as it will not give me the paste option.

MAG-21_Popeye

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 04:14:01 PM »
Okay I have downloaded the "complete" and downloaded and installed 702 ver2 game runs great.  Although I cant get the USER file to stick!?  says over writes but game still shows Cobraj as pilot.   Also same with cnfg.ini and I have to copy cnfg to separate folder then drag it over as it will not give me the paste option.
  Forgot to mention there is a USER  file and a -USER.  which do I use?

MAG-21_Smoke

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 11:26:51 AM »
I just deleted both and dragged "my" saved user and config over. I have good user and config copy that is saved to desktop. If I need to download another game, I delete the user, config, and use mine.

MAG-21_Popeye

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 12:05:30 PM »
Thanks Smoke that was my next move