Author Topic: New GPU help  (Read 1274 times)

MAG-21_Popeye

New GPU help
« on: June 08, 2014, 01:51:34 PM »
Looking for help here I have installed a new EVGA GTX 760 to replace a substandard AMD 6450.

After install Windows will only load to splash screen then just hangs. I have uninstalled old drivers both manually and with Display Driver Uninstaller utility. I can only run in safe mode.
  my rig:
 POWERSPEC B820 from Micro Center, cpu I5 2500k @ 3.30 ghz, Win 7 64 Pro, 8 gigs ram, 500 watt power supply.
Install went off with out a hitch but had to move the hard drive to top bay to accommodate the new card. Although I am a little confused about the connections to power supply, card has two female ports a 6 pin and a 8 pin. It came with two adapters (1) a 6 pin to two 4 pin. (2) a 8 pin to two 6 pin. Dumb question here... Do I need all of those connections or just one of the adapters, either the 6 or 8 pin.??? and do all power supply ends get connected?  :angry3:

Biggest question here is WTF! why wont my pc accept new card?? Seems I have tried every thing here. looking to see if any one out there can help. I contacted EVGA they said was a driver conflict. Well I have made sure drivers do not exist. three times.  Is there a BIOS setting I am missing? But shouldn't need to change that..

Any help would be appreciated.  I cannot connect to TS as I have no audio in safe mode.   

MAG-21_Popeye

Re: New GPU help
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 09:45:17 PM »
Never mind :icon_smile:I got it :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking

S~

Offline AG-51_Cobraj

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • 51 Group
    • Awards
Re: New GPU help
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 12:16:33 AM »
You need to install both 6 and 8 pin. This balances power demands. It will run with 8 pin I think but you'll risk burning the card up so why not plug it in. Use the 8 pin or 6 pin adapter if needed.

What was your issue?
=Cobraj=
Air Group 51 Commanding Officer (RET)

"A faithful friend is a source of strength; whoever finds one has found a treasure."