Author Topic: help with setting up a multiplayer dogfight map  (Read 1495 times)

Badger

help with setting up a multiplayer dogfight map
« on: May 07, 2014, 04:52:16 PM »
Hey all.

I'm trying to make a map similar to Razor's PacAreaACTG.  Just instead of the WWII planes, I was putting in the F9F Panther.  Basically I was hoping to give us something to fly in together to practice carrierOPS with a Panther.

I created the details, description and such.  But I'm having a heck of a time getting the Panthers to spawn at NAS-Kaneohe on the ground to taxi like Razor's does.

any help would be appreciated? 

basically, I've got the typed stuff all together, I just can't get the Panthers right.  I have a carrier TG off the coast at 315 doing 30 knots starting at DO64.  The Carrier is the USSBoxer CV-21.

any help or advice would be appreciated  :thumbsup:

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: help with setting up a multiplayer dogfight map
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 05:51:19 PM »
Please attach your mission, and I'll take a look at it.  We can discuss on TS later this evening.

Badger

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:13:24 PM »
well,  :cheesy:

it's now a little late for that.  Honestly, that laptop has been a pain since the day I bought it 3 years ago.  Today, flying on the war-birds.com server, things got weird.  So I exited out, and tried flying a single-player campaign - "Through the Mist."  I was still having the issues with the "select left engine" would for some reason cause the right engine to start...  then I got the blue screen.   :angry3: :sad5:  After I re-booted it, and had to go through the start-up manually, the HDD and graphics cards were shot.

So yeah.  The laptop didn't make it.  I decided to see how well it would fly in real life.

I'm on my lady's laptop now.  It won't work IL2 at all, but I'll see if it'll work TeamSpeak so I can at least hang out with you guys.

good news -
GoogleDrive has my templates, my missions, my conf.ini, and user folder.  So once I get the desktop I'll be flying again shortly.

but right now, I can only reliably use GIMP for sure.  Like I said, I'll give TS a shot.

these FUBARs are getting old.  I put too much time in a crappy laptop already.  Like you said bud, what was going on with that thing wasn't SOP.  So I'm just going to wait until I can get that desktop ordered and built that Cobra and my buddies helped me design and build.  It has an 8 core processor, GTX770, and 16GB RAM with a 240GB SSD, on top of a 2TB standard.  All I gotta do is sell my truck, which I don't use anyway, and I'll have plenty of cash for the PC, and a nice little baja bug  :grin: I can work on.

word of caution - NEVER buy a Toshiba! lol their support site is crap, and no matter how good people are with computers, that thing would stump em.  Robert is one of the best, let alone Shawn and Andrew.

so I'm going to be OOC from flying for a bit.  Hopefully I'll get that desktop here and ready by the end of the month.  I want to try and make that DBS Coral Sea campaign still.

Jarhead2b

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 07:06:56 PM »
On a positive note, gonna go join Planes of Fame Chino Badger if you wanna come join me Sat possibly.  It's a drive but I'll go check it out and start working my way up to maybe  flying one of those warbirds.  It'll volunteer some time and see where it goes.  They have more flying warbirds then Camarillo CAF and a membership of half the $.