Author Topic: Ultimate VR Performance Guide  (Read 2731 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Ultimate VR Performance Guide
« on: June 04, 2021, 03:10:36 PM »
Not sure if this will improve Sabot's loading time but it may help out in other areas, such as FPS.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwjlSuPTyvc

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: Ultimate VR Performance Guide
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 03:36:26 PM »
Thanks Razor....he must have a hell of a graphics card because my lowly 1070 ti overclocked to the max will come to it's knees with MSAA = 4.
"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3" - Paul Crickmore SR-71 pilot

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 08:55:16 PM »
I'll look into it

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 11:12:03 AM »
Sabot...if you are using a shader mod, next time you start DCS look at your FXO and Metashaders2 folders to see if any new files are being compiled.  I like the shader mods but everytime there is an update I delete the FXO and Metashaders2 files and it takes a while for them to compile.  They have to compile for each aircraft and each map.  It shouldn't be an issue with DCS starting slow if the new files are already there.
"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3" - Paul Crickmore SR-71 pilot

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 01:02:47 AM »
After every update I delete all the Metashaders in the Terrains, then kill off the FXO and another one that I can't think of off the top of my head in the "Saved Games folder.

I have about three or four mods/changes that I have the manually put in.  (ALE Flare and Chaff settings, DDI Color and the VR Shaders)

I'll then run the game in VR just to make sure everything synched

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 01:14:14 PM »
Well not sure what's going on.  I tried to use the VR Shaders mod again today and for some reason just the stock DCS works better as far as getting more FPS.  I went out on a limb and updated the Nvidia driver (466.63) and changed the Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames to 4.  Since I can't find any video cards to upgrade my tired 1070 ti, I bought a AMD Ryzen 5 5600x which has a very fast single core benchmark.  Since DCS only uses 2 cores all the experts say that single core speed is the key.  Anyways with Steam SS set to 225% which is equal to a DCS PD of 1.5 I can get at least 45 FPS.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 03:04:25 PM »
I wish you VR guys could learn to speak English!!  :tongue3:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 03:14:31 PM »
I wish you VR guys could learn to speak English!!  :tongue3:

Razor ... спасибо за ваш вклад и удачного дня!  :thumbsup:

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2021, 08:10:51 PM »
Now, THAT's what I'm talkin' about!!!  :Rofl

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 09:01:12 PM »
All the guys in the group with VR that fly IL2 and DCS said this helped a lot.  Tazman said to say hello, he's in 352VFG with me.  I don't have VR yet, so I can't attest to how well it may work from personal experience, need a new Video card for that.  Hey Razor..........  cusanu fy arwisgiad
edit: I told you this old brain is a bit fuzzy, I forgot the link to the video I was talking about.  Forget my ass if it wasn't hung on me.. but I have seen the flash screen for that video on here. 

Here's the latest one I found on DCS, this guy is extremely anal, 10x more than me..  https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/257819-my-3090-settings-for-my-g2-275/

Cheers
Hoss
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 03:31:33 PM by AG-51_Hoss »

Offline AG-51_Endo

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2021, 02:17:09 PM »
I've played with a lot of different setups and setting and found this to work very well.  The noted video describes things, but in the video near the end there is another video linked where he goes thru his settings.  These work very well.  I'm very steady at 45fps and tweaking.