Author Topic: HARM PB Mode  (Read 1950 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Re: HARM PB Mode
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2021, 06:17:02 PM »
I think you're on to something there Thud. It should definitely involve some kind of teamwork and coordination at least.  :thumbsup:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2021, 11:58:32 PM »
I managed to get a few practice runs in today before work. Ran the current Caucasus day mission and used Ajax excellent Harm kneeboard reference. Pretty straight forward in setup and employing both PB modes. But for the life of me I could not get the SA2s to light up.  Maybe wait a little longer before launching next time.

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 08:36:33 AM »
Probably has to do with the triggers

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 01:44:54 PM »
I managed to get a few practice runs in today before work. Ran the current Caucasus day mission and used Ajax excellent Harm kneeboard reference. Pretty straight forward in setup and employing both PB modes. But for the life of me I could not get the SA2s to light up.  Maybe wait a little longer before launching next time.

The first question that comes to my mind is, what was the range to the Fansong radar unit? Unless you made some changes to the mission, I believe that waypoint 2 is set out at the SAM engagement ring, which is probably 25-27 miles short of the actual SAM site. If you used that waypoint to feed the PB mode with a position for the Fansong, you were WAY off! I only know this because I did the exact same thing for my first shot at trying out the new PB mode.   :Rofl

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 03:18:35 PM »
I plugged in the coordinates from the brief to a new wp. Maybe I was all thumbs.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 04:41:44 PM »
The coordinates are listed sequentially meaning, the first set are live and on the map and the other three are hidden and not active. Once you kill the first one, the next one on the list will come alive. So were you targeting the first one first?

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 05:00:31 PM »
Yes Sir, the first just like we did (actually I screwed up) during training last week.
I’m good though. Totally confident in HARMS procedures.