Author Topic: Tacview vs FPS  (Read 2028 times)

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
Tacview vs FPS
« on: May 03, 2021, 08:54:54 AM »
I was comparing my game logs (before repair vs after repair) to see why my CCIP fall line was always cocked left or right and found a bunch of errors for outdated files.  The Full option of Repair seems to have corrected this.  I also had a bunch of info notes where FPS would be greater with tacview recordings off.  I tried it and my FPS increased by 6 fps on the deck.  Not a big boost but a boost.  Just FYI if you're trying to get a little more boost in FPS.  It's an available option in your game configuration settings under the Special Tab.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 08:58:55 AM by AG-51_Thud »

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: Tacview vs FPS
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 01:41:20 PM »
"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3" - Paul Crickmore SR-71 pilot

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 03:44:10 PM »
Is there a setting that I need to change on my server??

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 05:34:33 PM »
Is there a setting that I need to change on my server??

I think you can just leave it the way it is on your server that way if we want to allow recording we can do so.  I've only used it to watch Goose randomly crash into the ground  :Rofl and watching Air to Air engagement playbacks.  Helps me to know what I did right and where I screwed the pooch.
"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3" - Paul Crickmore SR-71 pilot

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 05:44:57 PM »
......  I've only used it to watch Goose randomly crash into the ground  :Rofl and watching Air to Air engagement playbacks.  Helps me to know what I did right and where I screwed the pooch.

I don't think there's much randomosity about Goose's ground crashing. It's pretty freaking regular!!  :Rofl

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 06:15:30 PM »
I think your server is fine to leave enabled as well as anyone’s computer. If your game is low on the FPS it will provide some improvements.  :thumbsup: