Author Topic: Spring Mod For TM Warthawg  (Read 2400 times)

Offline AG-51_Glider

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: Spring Mod For TM Warthawg
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 07:45:41 PM »
Ah my young Padawan you are assuming that just because I am not online at the appropriate times that I am not flying  :tongue3:

It is more of a time that I am available at the moment. I just finished CERT Training and the first 1/2 of my EMR. That means that I should be available on Thursdays starting this week. I am also working on getting back into soaring and visited the Willamette Valley Soaring Club this weekend and will be at Evergreen Soaring Club this Saturday. I have been flying on my own using the practice missions when I can... usually Wednesdays but I am also spending more time in the Condor soaring sim getting readied up. I need to make some reconfiguration with my cockpit as well that I have been working out.

Plus it is the time of the year when it is sunny when I get home and the weather is such that you can wear short sleeves without a raincoat. Have sailing, kayaking, soaring, flyfishing, and all of the other outdoor things to do while the getting is good. However at least Thursdays are looking good now.  :angel7:

Offline AG-51_Cobraj

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • 51 Group
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 07:54:05 PM »
:violent1: :laughing4: :wave:
=Cobraj=
Air Group 51 Commanding Officer (RET)

"A faithful friend is a source of strength; whoever finds one has found a treasure."

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 09:38:07 AM »
So, you remove it from that pedestal when you fly other aircraft?  I was thinking of building a pedistal for my Rhino so that I can use that configuration.

Offline AG-51_Glider

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 10:15:32 AM »
I ordered the 20cm black extension. Should be here next week. Make it as close as possible to a real stick length. More throw will certainly help with finesse and I am really looking forward to trying it out in the Huey.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2016, 12:30:23 PM »
You won't regret it! Just make sure that you can comfortably rest your wrist on your leg while in flying position.  :thumbsup:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Fireball

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2017, 09:26:50 AM »
Here's Razor's posts from last year about the Warthog spring mod we were talking about last night. This one involves removing the main spring from the Warthog, and repositioning the 4 smaller springs. The Youtube video seems to have disappeared from the link in the original post, but it's this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBMBR8M0z2E

I've really like that setup for helicopter flying, and if I was going to fly helicopters exclusively I'd probably leave it like that. But I think for a mixture of helicopter and fixed-wing flying, the extension is probably the way to go. I ordered a 10 cm extension from here:

https://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com

There's also a picture somewhere in this thread of Razor's PVC pipe used for the Warthog base. Mine is very similar, I used slightly different top and bottom pieces, but the same idea. I also filled the whole PVC pipe with small river rocks to make it super stable, probably not necessary.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:06:49 AM by AG-51_Fireball »

Offline AG-51_Kaydo

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »
Thanks Fireball