Author Topic: Welcome Skeet  (Read 473 times)

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
  • Awards Senior AG-51 Member
    • Awards
Welcome Skeet
« on: December 03, 2020, 06:00:31 AM »
Skeet has come to us from the DCS Forums looking to try his hand as a "Naval Aviator."

He will have 7 days to complete his registration requirements sent to him via email.  Failure to do so will have his application denied and he will have to reapply.

Welcome aboard

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Commanding Officer Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Re: Welcome Skeet
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 10:05:30 AM »
Welcome aboard Skeet. Be sure to take your Dramamine!  :thumbsup: Please do not hesitate to ask questions, no matter how "noob" they may seem. There is a wealth of information on this forum as well.

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Senior AG-51 Member Mission Builder
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 12:10:22 PM »
Welcome.  :thumbsup:

Offline AG-51_Animal

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 IP and Smart Dude Senior AG-51 Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 03:09:40 PM »
Welcome aboard Skeet.  Look forward to flying with you.
 :glasses3:
People first.  Integrity always.

Offline AG-51_TwoLate

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Never late for dinner
  • Awards AG-51 Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 03:40:32 PM »
Ahoy Matey. Welcome to the air of misfits that come together to coordinate our talents to accomplish the missions. I am learning the F/A 18 also. I will say it is easier than A-10 in ways.
"We don't leave our brothers behind."

Offline AG-51_Skeet

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Junior Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 05:58:24 PM »
Good afternoon all,

I am the new guy.  Not only new to the squad but new to DCS as well. FWIW, I’ll require quite a bit of training to get up to speed.   

I am a professional coach in other aspects of my life and recognize that people figure out stuff all on their own, or they seek-out help from someone who knows that the heck they are doing.  To an extent both methods will work.  The one way is often difficult, durational, and may create bad habits.  The other way … well it is still difficult and durational, but it sort of spreads some of the misery onto a coach as well!

I promises to be respectful of you and your time.  I will be diligent, I will communicate, I promise not to be a flake.  If I tell you guys I will be there, it is a commitment and I will be there - or will try, hopefully the way I installed SRS works...

I appreciate all the positive posts from you guys.  Lookin forward to good things!

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Commanding Officer Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 07:19:22 PM »
Skeet, it's obvious that you are going to fit in here very well. As for training, all I can ask is that you try to spend as much time as you can figuring out how things work in the Hornet offline so that when you join us on squad nights, it won't be the first time you've been in the cockpit since the last time you were online with us.  :thumbsup:  Please don't ever hesitate to ask a question, no matter how basic it may seem. We all started out the same way and have managed to learn how to operate this awesome plane little by little, bit by bit and all of us are still learning!

It might be instructive for you to show up on Saturday night and just observe what we do and how we do it and then on Tuesday night one of us (I will gladly volunteer for that) will take you off to the side and start some real training. In order for any of this to happen, you must, at the very least, have TeamSpeak installed and functioning and it would be an extra bonus for you to have SRS installed as well, however that is not nearly as critical as TS. http://airgroup51.net/forum/index.php?topic=4330.0

SRS information: http://airgroup51.net/forum/index.php?topic=6151.0

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
  • Awards Senior AG-51 Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 09:16:48 PM »
You'll find some training missions in this thread
http://airgroup51.net/forum/index.php?topic=6429.0

Also, Ajax has a training server most of the time that you can practice on
http://airgroup51.net/forum/index.php?topic=6976.0

Welcome aboard and look forward to learning together

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy