Author Topic: Just wanted to say Hi  (Read 197 times)

Offline AG-51R_Derbarbarian

• AG-51 Recruit
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Recruit
    • Awards
Just wanted to say Hi
« on: August 18, 2022, 08:58:39 AM »
Hey guys,

I just wanted to Introduce myself, my name is Dietrich though I go by Dieter, my gaming tag is DerBarbarian, I joined last week and I had a bit of a delay in coming on here, but I just wanted to say hey to everyone and that I look forward to flying with all of you! In terms of what I fly, I'm trying to stick with the F-18 for right now, though I own quite a few DCS modules, F-18, A-10C, A-10II, P-51, UH-1, AV8 Harrier, Mig 21, F-14, F-16, Mi-24, Blackshark & Blackshark II, P-47, Spitfire, Me-109, FW190, & AH64. I also have the WW2 pack along with the super carrier mod. I also have the Syria and Gulf Maps. I can honestly say, aside from the WW2 Era planes I kinda regret buying all of those other mods as I've found myself bouncing between them quite a bit and it's been difficult to master all of them, I honestly haven't come close, which is why I'm going to stick with the F-18 for now before gradually moving on and mastering the rest. Though I can say of all the planes on there the F-18 is definitely my favorite followed up by the F-14 and F-16. Again I'm really looking forward to joining up and flying with you guys!

-Dieter
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 09:08:25 AM by AG-51R_Derbarbarian »

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Commander Air Group 51 Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Re: Just wanted to say Hi
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 10:49:28 AM »
Welcome aboard Dieter. Glad to hear you have chosen to stick with the Hornet.  :thumbsup:  I assume that Sabot has sent you an invite to our Discord site as that is where we are doing most of our communicating lately. As you may or may not already know, we fly three times a week, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights at 2100 ET. Tuesday and Thursdays are mostly training nights where we work on various aspects of our chosen plane, Air to Air, Air to Ground, Trapping or tanking, etc, etc. We try to have a mission put together by Saturday to fly that utilizes those skillsets. So, if you're handy with the ME, you'll be especially welcome!! Although we don't require a minimum number of nights per week or month, we do value participation.

There is an awful lot of material scattered around this forum so I suggest that you spend as much time as you can afford soaking up as much as you can to lessen the feel of the fire hose that you'll be drinking from the first couple of nights you fly with us. Welcome aboard!

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Skeet

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 11:42:16 AM »
Welcome Barbarian!

Lets figure out a way to get you on Discord and perhaps you can join us this evening.

AG-51_Skeet

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
  • Awards AG-51 Senior Staff
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 12:27:56 AM »
Afirm on the DC link

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy