Author Topic: Hornet Cold Start Video  (Read 489 times)

Offline AG-51_Bluto

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder
    • Awards
Hornet Cold Start Video
« on: February 02, 2022, 12:17:52 PM »
Fight to fly.  Fly to fight.  Fight to win.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Re: Hornet Cold Start Video
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 01:20:13 PM »
Good flick.  :thumbsup:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 05:05:51 PM »
This is his next one in line. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQWhLtblV0w&list=PLZ8X4p18pdblCyhd7JwIWW2f6sGSTYLXW&index=1 

I've actually gained quite a few little pearls of knowledge by watching these two videos. I confirmed what Ranger taught me last Saturday, that you can recover from some type of screw up with INS alignment down on the flight deck by just putting it in IFA and being patient.  :thumbsup:  I discovered a reason for Goose and I religously rotating the bleed air knob after engine start. Never knew why, just always figured it would some day be important.  :Rofl

I very much appreciate the way that Spudknocker explains ATC procedures in a way that even I can understand - despite the fact that I have been working in that environment over a 40+ year career. His delivery reminds me of some of the platform instructors I had while going through flight school at Ft Rucker and I admit that he can sometimes grate a little on the back of my brain but over all, I can honestly say that I rarely watch one of his flicks without learning something new. These videos are well worth your time.  :thumbsup:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Bluto

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 05:16:56 PM »
It should be a good tutorial playlist.  His videos showed me how to use a lot of jets when I first started.
Fight to fly.  Fly to fight.  Fight to win.