Author Topic: Calling All Wannabe Gunslingers!!  (Read 383 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Commanding Officer Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Re: Calling All Wannabe Gunslingers!!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2022, 10:18:59 PM »
If I'm gonna be hauling crates under my Mi-8, there'd better not be any freaking external hard points out there getting in the way!!  :Rofl  Gimme a slick to do that!!

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Endo

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Junior Member
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2022, 09:55:46 AM »
I’m looking forward to some helo action down the road a bit.  Loved longbow2 back in the day.  The Apache release will likely grip me…..

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2022, 11:20:18 AM »
If I'm gonna be hauling crates under my Mi-8, there'd better not be any freaking external hard points out there getting in the way!!  :Rofl  Gimme a slick to do that!!

Haha...they are fake sling loads.  Just hover over them for 5 sec and voila they disappear.  I hate the actual sling loads in DCS.
"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3" - Paul Crickmore SR-71 pilot

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2022, 12:28:25 PM »
I'd still prefer a slick over one with those ugly protrusions sticking out of the sides.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Online AG-51_Bluto

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2022, 12:34:09 PM »
I can make the MI-8's at one of the bases slick.
Fight to fly.  Fly to fight.  Fight to win.

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2022, 12:38:32 PM »
I'd still prefer a slick over one with those ugly protrusions sticking out of the sides.

Sounds good.....Do you want the Mi8 cold or hot start?  The Hueys and Mi8s are cold start and there are 2 at each airfield.  I can make one of them hot start as I did with the KA50s and Mi28s.

Bluto...I need to change the aircraft side numbers and Tacans to match our usual missions unless you feel like making the changes  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 12:39:46 PM by AG-51_Ranger »
"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3" - Paul Crickmore SR-71 pilot

Online AG-51_Bluto

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2022, 02:10:35 PM »

Sounds good.....Do you want the Mi8 cold or hot start?  The Hueys and Mi8s are cold start and there are 2 at each airfield.  I can make one of them hot start as I did with the KA50s and Mi28s.

Bluto...I need to change the aircraft side numbers and Tacans to match our usual missions unless you feel like making the changes  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

I can do it.  I'll wait for the start condition reply and make the changes.  Along with the slick 8's.
Fight to fly.  Fly to fight.  Fight to win.

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2022, 02:12:30 PM »
You the Man!   :thumbsup:

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2022, 02:15:33 PM »
Cold start is fine - not that I could even attempt to start that beast from a cold spawn in. I just always use the auto start and I'm good.  :thumbsup:

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2022, 02:25:13 PM »
Maybe we could fly the mission on one of these Saturdays.  It is a fun mission and the A-A guys will have their hands full unless they follow the mission instructions and blow up the enemy runways.  A SLAM ER might do the trick.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 04:32:03 PM »
That sounds like fun to me. We should check with Goose to see if he has anything already planned for Saturday. Is this the one with all the trains in it that we'll be able to see now??

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 04:50:16 PM »
No trains in this one.  It's a mini campaign that I got off the ED forums with a whole bunch of scripting and is a lot of fun for fast and slow movers.  There is no way we can finish it in one mission night but guys can get on during the week/weekends and play around also.  Is there a forum where we coordinate a date and time when to fly during off training/mission nights?

Goose....do we have a mission for Sat?  If not I would highly suggest we give this mission a go. 

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2022, 04:59:02 PM »
I am not ready with a mission for this Saturday. Goose??  Ajax??  Bluto??  Soldier??  Anyone?

Ranger, if nobody else is planning on it, I'd say give it a shot. Having said that, it would be very good if you could put together a briefing for the mission and post it in the Operations forum.

Offline AG-51_Ajax

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Pilot Mission Builder
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2022, 05:05:38 PM »
unless they follow the mission instructions

Lots of lolz from this comment
In the absence of orders, attack!

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Pilot
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2022, 05:10:34 PM »
I am not ready with a mission for this Saturday. Goose??  Ajax??  Bluto??  Soldier??  Anyone?

Ranger, if nobody else is planning on it, I'd say give it a shot. Having said that, it would be very good if you could put together a briefing for the mission and post it in the Operations forum.

Sounds good.  Bluto is putting the finishing touches on the mini-campaign to gear it more towards our AG-51 missions (tail numbers/tacans etc).  If no one has a mission for Sat I'll put up a placeholder and brief after I get the changes from Bluto.