Author Topic: Welcome Bluto  (Read 112 times)

Online AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
  • Awards Senior AG-51 Member
    • Awards
Welcome Bluto
« on: October 01, 2021, 07:30:06 PM »
Bluto has come to us from the DCS Forums looking to try his hand as a "Naval Aviator."

He has over 200 hours between the Tomcat, Hornet and That thing that slithers.  He can complete the tanking cycle and knows Case I and III procedures.

He, Razor and Goose can swap stories about the 'ol days crossing the Delaware with George'...

He will have 7 days to complete his registration requirements sent to him via email.  Failure to do so will have his application denied and he will have to reapply.

Welcome aboard

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Commanding Officer Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Re: Welcome Bluto
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 02:27:39 AM »
<DOH!!> Welcome aboard Bluto  :thumbsup:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Bluto

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Junior Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 10:53:24 AM »
Hello Everyone!
I met up with Hoss over on the DCS forums, and he said this is the place to be.  I am looking forward to the experience with all of you.
I spent 4 years in the Navy working the roof aboard CV-64, the Constellation as an AO.  Met the ship in the shipyards in Philly.  Temporary port of Jacksonville before the return around the Horn cruise to San Diego.  Spent life full-time aboard her from 92-96.  Did a deployment that included Operation Southern Watch.  Our airwing, CAG-2 had F-14D's, 3 x F/.A-18C squadrons, EA-6B's, as well as the E-2C's and S-3B's.  Great time to work the flight deck.  Loved it and miss it every day. 
After the Navy, I became a pilot myself and currently fly private with an instrument rating.  Just moved back to the Chicago area to look after my mom who is getting up there.  I think this group would be a great opportunity to learn and laugh with people that share the same interests.  A lot of people don't get it, but what do they know?  Lol.  Just miss being part of something I guess.  Look forward to learning and contributing.  Just hope my system can handle the multi-player environment but I have a little successful experience with it.
I do a lot of single-player stuff.  Happy to be here. 
Fight to fly.  Fly to fight.  Fight to win.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Commanding Officer Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 11:20:19 AM »
We're happy to have you aboard  :thumbsup: Can't promise that you'll learn anything hanging around with us but if you don't laugh there's definitely something wrong  :Rofl

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Junior Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 11:50:26 AM »
Welcome Bluto! 
"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3" - Paul Crickmore SR-71 pilot