Author Topic: Hey Ajax!!  (Read 492 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Hey Ajax!!
« on: August 30, 2021, 07:19:12 PM »
Take a look at this.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLx-Q9_4VTU&list=PLs_fmO8gyoeHT6kAsHlDe-dPdvToHFuPC&index=1&t=589s

You may have already seen it but it's definitely worth watching again. Pay particular attention to the visual cues he's using. Keep in mind that in order for you to see the same thing he is, your level of zoom needs to be pretty close to the same as his. So try to make it so and then I suggest you freeze your TrackIr. There's no need to be looking around anyway and it will help keep the distractions to a minimum.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Ajax

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: Hey Ajax!!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 05:07:49 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
In the absence of orders, attack!

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 10:36:41 PM »
One more tip that I feel is important to stress for this particular PITA plane to tank with: Make your approach to the basket VERY slowly!! Maybe +1 or 2 knots over the tanker's speed. If you just slowly ease into it, I believe that it becomes so much easier to check those allignments with the prop arc and the hose and keep things where they're supposed to be. This technique is just as applicable to any plane with a probe plugging into a basket but more so with this damned Harrier!

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 07:09:45 PM »
Here's another "Tips and Tricks" for tanking with the Harrier: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/281202-a2a-refueling-heres-a-pointer-or-2/

I haven't had a chance to check this out but I definitely will before the day is over.  :thumbsup: