Author Topic: Aircraft placement on Carrier  (Read 597 times)

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Aircraft placement on Carrier
« on: February 10, 2021, 02:56:54 PM »
What's the best way to place aircraft on a carrier?  Should I just make a flight of four or place individual planes on the deck.  I am working on a mission that will be Case III at takeoff and Case I upon return to the carrier.

I am using Razor's Syria template.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 02:57:52 PM by AG-51_Ranger »
"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3" - Paul Crickmore SR-71 pilot

Offline AG-51_Ajax

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: Aircraft placement on Carrier
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 05:43:13 PM »
I think as long as it's CASE I coming back then a flight of 4 should be fine.  Either way, if we're doing our own Mother/LSO calls, it shouldn't matter.
In the absence of orders, attack!

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 07:51:30 PM »
I agree with Ajax. In fact, I have pretty much given up on placing individual planes within a flight in a mission. I think it's a waste of time. There may still be a few reasons for occasionally doing it but, as far as I'm concerned, they don't have anything to do with the Super Carrier ATC Artificial Imbicility.  :tongue3:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 08:26:02 PM »
I read something recently that might be worth trying.  The forum thread suggest setting a small "Delayed Activation" (a few seconds) between flights. Since we have the server paused at start I believe it might work.

Also, reference AI Aircraft Parking and Taxi Logic on page 83, 87-90 of the SC Manual on how they should spawn.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 08:32:22 PM by AG-51_Thud »

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 01:16:22 AM »
"Aircraft assigned "Takeoff from ramp" or "Takeoff from parking hot" in the mission editor will spawn in one of the 16 parking locations listed based on the sequence it was added to the carrier. In a multiplayer mission, parking spots are assigned based on when a client joins the server."

I wonder what they mean by "...when a client joins the server."?? Is that when they click on Join to actually join the server from the multiplayer screen or when they click on an a/c slot after the mission loads, or when they click on Briefing, or Fly???  :tongue3:

Could you be more specific about the posts you saw in the forums about "Delayed Activation"? Are you talking about client flights?

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 06:47:37 AM »
Attached............

In-theory, the first flight to spawn should go to the six pack and then everyone else would have a clear taxi path.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 07:12:27 AM by AG-51_Thud »

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 12:30:41 PM »
Thanks....I'll give the 0-5-10 sec delay a try.
"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3" - Paul Crickmore SR-71 pilot

Offline AG-51_Ranger

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 11:56:01 AM »
I put the flights on a 5 sec delay so we can see how it works.  I am putting the finishing touches on the mission so we can fly it next Thurs 18-Feb-21 to give it a try.