Author Topic: Wags Training Video  (Read 677 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Wags Training Video
« on: May 13, 2020, 01:00:33 AM »
This is the 3rd video that they have posted in the SC forum in the last 24-36 hours. This one is particularly helpful for some of us that are still having a problem getting turned into the groove from the point where you are "abeam"! Take a look and I promise it will be the most useful 15 minutes you've spent by yourself since you got out of the head!! :jerk:    I'm REALLY starting to get that funny feeling now!  :Rofl

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4328931&postcount=6

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_TwoLate

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Never late for dinner
    • Awards
Re: Wags Training Video
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 11:24:36 AM »
Yes I saw it when it came out. It was the best visual explanation of case 1 that my head can wrap around. Jar did a great job explaining it, definite will help me. 
"We don't leave our brothers behind."

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
    • Awards
Re: Wags Training Video
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 02:36:10 PM »
All the stuff he did coming out of the commence put him 16 miles behind the carrier.

DO NOT DO THIS!!

Listen to JAR's explanation.

When you initially get into the stack you need set yourself for the commence and break without having to change a lot of stuff on the DDI's.

Also,

Anytime you tank and land, SAFE your switches.  Don't do it  in the pattern.

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy