Author Topic: Hey Hoss!!  (Read 1355 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Hey Hoss!!
« on: September 29, 2019, 11:24:04 PM »
Hey Bud, I'm running an i7-4770 at 3.50 GHz with 32 Gigs of RAM and displaying it with an EVGA GTX 1070. My settings are pictured below. I have absolutely no issues with stutter or quality of the scenery on any of the maps - Normandy, Persian Gulf, Caucus or NTTR. Sometimes it takes a minute or so to load the cockpit when I join a MP mission but for offline it is instant.

If it's been a while since you have been in a DCS mission, I think that you'll be very pleasently surprised with the improvements you'll see, especially with the rig you're using now. The carrier environment is now pretty amazing, if you can get past a few issues with spawning in MP, but there are work arounds and the world of naval aviation is about to get even better with the next carrier module. The Heatblur Tomcat is nothing less than eye popping beautiful and exceptionally well done. You mentioned looking forward to the Jug, which I am as well but I am also anxiously awaiting the F4U-1D which will probably see the light of day in 2020.

When you get settled back into DCS World, drop us a line and come fly with us. I have no doubt that in another week or two, some of us will be buzzing around in a shiney new F-16!  :tongue3:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Cobraj

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • 51 Group
    • Awards
Re: Hey Hoss!!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 06:42:59 PM »
I just spec’d a build for him last month. He is probably building it or doing some offline. He wanted a monster build and got one .
=Cobraj=
Air Group 51 Commanding Officer (RET)

"A faithful friend is a source of strength; whoever finds one has found a treasure."

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 10:36:32 PM »
As he to.d me CobraJ, that's awesome! I hope you can find time to join him if he decides to join us, even if it's only to fly props.

On a side note, I just wanted to let you know that I could only attach a zipped file of the .jpg of my settings and not the actual .jpg itself,which as reduced to 1920x1240.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Cobraj

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • 51 Group
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 06:50:23 PM »
Working on it bud
=Cobraj=
Air Group 51 Commanding Officer (RET)

"A faithful friend is a source of strength; whoever finds one has found a treasure."

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 07:22:38 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: