Author Topic: Trimming for proper AoA  (Read 641 times)

Offline AG-51_Sparky

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Trimming for proper AoA
« on: June 27, 2018, 05:36:00 PM »
I was wondering how you guys get your trim set correctly? I have  found that if I count to a predetermined number while in the break my trim is very close to right when I enter the downwind. How do you guys do it? How many seconds do you need to hold the trim button is my question.

Offline AG-51_MD44

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: Trimming for proper AoA
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 07:24:08 PM »
There isn't really a set trim as I've understood it.  You can see what your stabs are set to on your DDI by going to SUPT then FCS.  You can see what it's at and maybe when you do your timing you can then look to see what it ends up being.  From the vids I've seen you are going to trim a lot so it's more by feel than a set number.  It also will depend a lot on your current weight with fuel, gun ammo, bombs/rockets  etc.  You can see your total weight from the DDI again, SUPT then CHKLST sub-menu.  It will show A/C WT.  If you are landing on the CV, make sure your 33,000 or less.  That will also make trimming and such a lot easier.  I hope that helps some?

Edit
That is not showing trim and I don't think there is a way to show what your current trim setting is.  Still looking.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 08:40:04 PM by AG-51_MD44 »

My Specs: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, i7-3820@ 4.55GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2070

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 08:29:30 PM »
Not sure if this is helpful as I have been too busy to even fly lately.  Zero time on the boat work but I do recall some talk on trim in Jabbers video.  You'll have to scroll a bit before you get to it.

- DCS Case I recovery video by Jabbers:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm-M3VUy-_I

Offline AG-51_Sparky

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 10:14:10 PM »
Yeah, I understand what you guys are saying. For mine I have found that while in the break, if I push my trim hat up after dropping gear and flaps and count to 18 quickly, which is about 9 seconds, when I level out into the downwind I