Author Topic: Hornet Changes  (Read 614 times)

Offline AG-51_MD44

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Hornet Changes
« on: June 16, 2018, 04:15:47 PM »
Noticed last night that the AB wouldn't engage as it did before.  On the ground if the hook or nose bar was down you had to do the finger lifts to make it work.  Now (latest patch) it's the same even in the air.  I get why that might be a good idea, it also too a while to figure out.  And if you did want AB you have to throttle back, hit your finger lift switch and THEN give it a full send.  If you didn't want to do this there is an option in the Special section of the game.  Leave it checked and it works this 'new' way.  Uncheck and it works how it did before, push the throttle all the way forward and you get AB in the air.  You still need to use the finger lifts on the ground I think, but haven't tried.  I'll verify that later.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 01:13:28 AM by AG-51_MD44 »

My Specs: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, i7-3820@ 4.55GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2070

Apache600

Re: Hornet Afterburner Change
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 05:40:01 PM »
That will be the FASTEST uncheck of a box I've ever done.  Even faster than the "keep this box checked if Kaydo had a good joke for once.".   
It's a cool option .... if I had a $15,000 custom throttle that could mimic this.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Re: Hornet Afterburner Change
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 07:40:47 PM »
With the box unchecked, you get AB on the deck as well as in the air. No finger lifts necessary.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.