Author Topic: New Change Log Out  (Read 4785 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
New Change Log Out
« on: May 11, 2018, 10:11:41 AM »
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3479941&postcount=9

I can't see where to get the TACAN freq for the Tarawa. I haven't flown in it yet, just poking around in the ME. Also, the KC-135 with basket is there but I saw on the forums that some said the probe of their MC-2000 went right through the basket. Haven't verified that yet. Supposedly most of the Maverick problems have been addressed. I sure hope they toned down the canopy crazing!

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Fireball

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
Re: New Change Log Out
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:42:14 AM »
Razor, looks like you do the TACAN under advanced waypoint options, and it looks like it's preset to 1X at waypoint 0.

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:56:04 AM »
I had a feeling they might release the F-18 this week. Guess not.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 11:56:35 AM »
Thanks Fireball! I have to work tomorrow so I am taking another sick day today just to make sure I am fully back in battery by tomorrow.....and to spend some time with this new update!  :icon_biggrin:  :thumbsup: More to follow.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 03:42:32 PM »
I got the TACAN figured out, thanks to Fireball  :thumbsup:  I tried to tank off the KC-135 in the Hornet with absolutely no luck at all. It is just as hard and frustrating as it was the first time after getting the Harrier and KC-130. I'm hopeful that RedKite or RedWing, or whatever that guy's name is will figure it out and post a video for us underlings. Hopefully it is not the same problem that the Mirage is having. The good news is, I found the Mirage so sluggish trying to plug into the basket, that I went into the controls and took out the entire curve for both pitch and roll. They were set to +20!! Anyway, now I find the Mirage to be very manageable behind the basket and not nearly as twitchy as it was before. The bad news is, the probe just slides right through the basket  :sad5:

I looked at the ability to set a TACAN freq for the Kuznetsov and didn't see anything. This will be very cool for working on instrument approach procedures!  :thumbsup:

Offline AG-51_Fireball

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 05:10:08 PM »
I tried to tank off the KC-135 in the Hornet with absolutely no luck at all. It is just as hard and frustrating as it was the first time after getting the Harrier and KC-130. I'm hopeful that RedKite or RedWing, or whatever that guy's name is will figure it out and post a video for us underlings. Hopefully it is not the same problem that the Mirage is having.

Apparently it is the same problem the Mirage is having. Zeus says they messed up the update:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208231

Guess we'll have to wait til the NEXT update. Life gets frustrating sometimes out on the bleeding edge. :angry3:

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 06:13:24 PM »
Yeah, I saw that. I guess I am kind of relieved. On the other hand, I am quite disappointed that the TACAN on the Tarawa only gives me a bearing to the ship and not distance as well. I am pretty damn sure that TACAN stations give both bearing and distance.

Offline AG-51_Fireball

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 07:05:01 PM »
You have to setup the ship TACAN just like you set it up for the tankers. In the Harrier cockpit those three buttons to the left have to be set to A/A and T/R to get the bearing, distance, and time. If you have them set to A/A and RCV, you'll only get bearing.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 07:28:55 PM »
Are you getting a bearing and distance?? I tried using the A/A button in conjunction with the T/R just like with the tanker and still only got bearing. :BangHead:

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 07:57:57 PM »
I just went back into the ME and on the Normandy map, the Harrier Training mission with 2 LHA'a side by side, one with 1X and the other 2X set. I launched from the land base and got a bearing AND distance to 1X!! So, I hauling ass out to it and then realize that it's taking me across the Channel to an airfield in England! I didn't even think that they had TACAN's back then. Or maybe it was the KC-130 I had flying around up on the northern edge of the map to avoid screen freeze when the mission starts. I don't know but I do know it wasn't taking me to the Tarawa! :BangHead:

Offline AG-51_Fireball

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 09:10:31 PM »
Yeah, I can get the bearing and distance, but the test mission I was using is on the Causcasus map.  I just set up a test on the Normandy map and could only get bearing. So it may be map related.

But...there does seem to be something squirrelly even on the Caucasus map. On the first test mission to get the TACAN to work, I had to set A/A and T/R both on, but on the second mission it only worked with T/R on and A/A NOT on. But in either case on the Caucasus I was to get distance and bearing. It might have something to do with the order the buttons are pushed...or something.  :icon_scratch:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:12:21 PM by AG-51_Fireball »

Offline AG-51_MD44

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 10:00:32 AM »
Today's change log  https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3504350&postcount=11

DCS 2.5.2.17978 Update 1 for Open Beta

DCS F/A-18C Hornet is available in the Early Access.
Added CVN-74 J.C.Stennis aircraft carrier.

DCS World
Added scripting functions for airbase parking data (true/false parameter).
Group list immediately shows changes which user made in unit panel
Airlifted troopers will not ignore point and radius zone of embarking.

DCS Flaming Cliffs
Su-27. Slat indicator will works.
Su-27. Fuel level gauge fixed.

DCS UH-1
Added new Instant action missions for Persian Gulf.
Player aircraft will be able to born on the ramp of carrier.

DCS MiG-21Bis by Magnitude 3 LLC
MiG-21Bis now works in the Persian Gulf.
Corrected Russian text on the T-10 indicators and radar lights.
Corrected radio channel numbers and Russian text on list.
Corrected material attribute on mirror.
Added raindrop effect.
Corrected materials on LOD4 causing objects to be invisible.
Corrected UVs on tac-numbers.
Added DPRK 2016 livery. (Based on #42)
Added Slovakia livery by Jack.

Campaigns
L-39 Kursant - updated missions 2, 8, 9.
A-10C Shturmovik - Updated mission 7.

Known issues that will be fixed ASAP
AJS-37 Viggen. Broken landing light.
F/A-18C. Missing fuel tanks textures for High Visibility skins.
F/A-18C. Fly over waypoint Time on Target causes DCS crash
CVN-74 J.C.Stennis: Left side elevator hasn

My Specs: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, i7-3820@ 4.55GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2070

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 11:14:18 AM »
I must say that I am more than a little disappointed in the lack of indication that RAZBAM has addressed several of their issues. Hopefully they were addressed but just not mentioned here. Also a little frustrated that I had to leave for work before the update was out. Fortunately I am close enough to home that I can pop back there for lunch and try to download it then.

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 11:20:04 AM »
Don't hurry.  They're having several hiccups.

I'll check it in the AM before I leave for  work

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Offline AG-51_MD44

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 12:17:33 PM »
Been watching it all unfold all morning.  First thing, DON'T force the update with the command line.  Will roll you back.  Lots of butthurt going on in the ED forums (when they are working anyway).  From what I've read so far they still getting it all ready to go live.  We just have to wait a bit. 

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3504976&postcount=1259
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:20:25 PM by AG-51_MD44 »

My Specs: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, i7-3820@ 4.55GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2070