Author Topic: Magnitude 3 - Christen Eagle II  (Read 1114 times)

Offline AG-51_MD44

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards

My Specs: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, i7-3820@ 4.55GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2070

Apache600

Re: Magnitude 3 - Christen Eagle II
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 06:38:27 PM »
Well .... alright then. Haha
   I am honestly surprised by this choice of aircraft M3 decided to work on.  But I'm more surprised at the absolute fallout it received on the community forums.   I get that people were really hyped up about the prospect of some new fighter or attack aircraft, but seriously .... how did this personally hurt some of them?   It's depressing to see how childish people reacted to a product reveal by a company that IN NO WAY has to release anything ever again.  I am saddened by people who expect or feel entitled that 3rd party developers should be working on aircraft that THEY want.   With that in mind, there's no aircraft that could ever please everyone.  If a company stated they were going to release an A-7. then you'd have some people complain that they should be working on an F-8, or an A-6, or the Tornado, and how idiotic they are for choosing a stupid A-7.  Now with that in mind, Yeah, this is a pretty big departure from the norm, and I wish that M3 would have done their little week long hype process a little differently, but it was all their choice to do so, and mine to follow along with.  With ED coming forward and announcing the Yak-52, it's really should be no surprise that some developers might want to explore other aspects of this sim too. 
  M3's explanation as to why the chose this aircraft makes sense to me.  To better learn and understand prop physics for future WWII aircraft development.  And there's also no denying the fact that an online aerobatic community within DCS is alive and well.  Those folks are going to love this thing, as well as the Yak-52.    It's fun to take a powerful modern day jet and imagine you're doing an airshow routine over an airport.  But doing that same thing in this CEII is going to require a completely different skill set.  Just the torque alone from the prop at a high AoA and low airspeed will be crazy to fight with. 
  In conclusion ... am I disappointed in M3's reveal?   Absolutely not.  I seriously wish them the best, and I will picking up this aircraft.  After all, how much fun have we been having just trying to figure out the Harrier in the traffic pattern?  There's plenty of aircraft available for blowing thing up to kingdom come (and I can't wait for more of them).  But I enjoy the sense of flight that DCS simulates, and both the Yak-52 and the CEII will compliment it very well. 

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 06:44:47 PM »
What Apache said!  :thumbsup:  that will be a first day buy for me as well, if for no other reason than to get back in a little tail dragger in the same class as my old RV-8.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_MD44

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 10:15:11 PM »
Couldn't agree more.  To top that off, did you see what Polychop put up today?

"I have read the comments on the Christian Eagle II and unfortunately many customers are upset about it. Now there is a question that came back up.
Would you enjoy a civil Gazelle in DCS, that would have a slightly different flightmodel then then the 342M, without external stores and such and most important, would you be willing to pay for it 30 USD?
The background to this question is that quite a lot of people asked if it would be possible to get such a version. In basic it is, but people also have to understand that development costs us money too, and uses resources from production of the new product so this would never be an option for free. I am interested in the opinions that people will have on this."

Good move by them to ask but even then you have people flippin their crap over it.  Not sure if any of these basement dwellers understand it's just a game.  Not only that but every single one of these companies are just that, a company.  They employ people, have costs etc.  If there is a market for a flying butt monkey's, they will pursue it! 

Offline AG-51_Bulldog

• Administrator
  • Active
  • "When in doubt, Shoot!"
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 10:56:10 PM »
I see more racing in our future... :thumbsup:

"If you think your 6 is clear, I guess you're not thinking" ;~)

Offline AG-51_Glider

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 05:54:34 PM »

Or maybe some team aerobatics???  :icon_santa:

Offline AG-51_Bulldog

• Administrator
  • Active
  • "When in doubt, Shoot!"
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 12:38:32 AM »

Or maybe some team aerobatics???  :icon_santa:
Glider that would mean you would have to actually fly with the team a little more than once or twice a year....LOL..

"If you think your 6 is clear, I guess you're not thinking" ;~)

Offline AG-51_MD44

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 02:22:18 PM »

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 03:35:48 PM »
It looks like they are getting pretty close! I will be all over this one. The hardest part of flying this will be the takeoffs and landings.  :thumbsup: In flight, it is said to handle like a dream.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.