Author Topic: Forcing the Update??  (Read 756 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Commanding Officer Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Forcing the Update??
« on: November 29, 2017, 07:59:11 PM »
Folks, a while back I removed 1.5 OpenBeta from my SSD and put it on my 1 TB E: drive. I did this my merely copying the whole folder for 1.5 to the other drive and then deleting it from the SSD. The OpenBeta runs fine in all respects except that I don't have a menu to choose to update or repair from. When there are updates for 1.5, I have just gone into the bin folder for 1.5 and clicked on the DCS_Updater.exe and vois la! I have heard that this only works once per 24 hours and it may be true since I came in here early this morning to check the forums and found out that the Harrier was going to be released first on 1.5. So I opened the game up and it did not detect the new changes. I assumed that they had posted the change log but had not yet put the change up on their server. I waited a while and tried it again using the DCS_Updater.exe and still nothing. By then there was a lot of buzz on the forums about the new changes so I was fairly certain that the change was up. Now I can't get the change and can't get the Harrier!! It's like having a full pack of cigarettes and no light!!

I believe that there is another method to get the game to update but it is over my head. Any help would be appreciated. :BangHead:

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Commanding Officer Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Re: Forcing the Update??
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 08:24:45 PM »
Never mind. I figured out how to use the command line and that did the trick! The update is downloading right now and soon I will be hovering!  :thumbsup:

Offline Apache600

• Active
  • Awards Mission Builder Registered Member
    • Awards
Re: Forcing the Update??
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 09:12:20 PM »
If you wanna hover around together later, lemme know!