Author Topic: Chuck and Belsimtek Got It Right!  (Read 1968 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Chuck and Belsimtek Got It Right!
« on: June 19, 2017, 12:31:57 PM »
I just looked it up in an H model -10 we have here in the office and you guys are right. The button over to the left of the Coolie hat is the momentary stick trim release and the one down to the left is the weapons fire button and the "pinky" switch (button actually) is the hook release. This is definitely not how we had the Huey set up that we (Erickson) were using as logging support machines.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Bulldog

• Administrator
  • Active
  • "When in doubt, Shoot!"
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
Re: Chuck and Belsimtek Got It Right!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 01:07:31 PM »
Thats because you guys at Ericson are Rock Stars and fly into the face of the beast just because you can. Of course your going to have things set up a little differently....LOL :toothy11:

"If you think your 6 is clear, I guess you're not thinking" ;~)

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:13:17 PM »
 :thumbsup:

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 01:18:50 PM »
Dog, how do you deal with selecting/changing your door gunners' settings?? I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to do this on my Warthog. If I were using the ol' TM gear, I could program it easily via the Foxy tool but this has got me totally flumaxed! I suppose I could just use the keyboard.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Bulldog

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »
I actually go to the keyboard to set up Gunners. I have a switch on the HOTAS that will toggle the AI window on/off so I can see what the gunners/CoPilot are set to. Then I added the key bindings to the keyboard to change from return fire to free fire or hold. I also have on the Hotas a toggle that will Open/Close Gunners Doors. When Doors are shut and reopened the Gunners will be on Hold.

I just assign these keys behind default combinations so that I just have a single key press.

My settings panel looks like this ex- AI Left Burst Switch    |||  LShift + 3; Q  |||

Left Gunner -  Return Fire/Burs = Q
Left Gunner - Freefire/Iterate = A

CoPilot/Operator - Return Fire/Burst = W
CoPilot/Operator - Freefire/Iterate= S

Right Gunner - Return Fire/Burst = E
Right Gunner - Freefire/Iterate = D

As you will see on the keyboard that these keys basically correspond to the AI's position in cockpit- of Left Q,A - Center W,S - Right E,D. This way I am less apt to get confused... LOL...

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 05:18:16 PM »
Thanks Dog. I seem to recall your having to esplain that to me for the Mi-8's gunners.  :tongue3:

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 12:05:45 AM »
Aren't you guys using TARGET?......................  prolly should ya know.................. get In/Out/UP/Middle/Down options................. and you have the MFP's too right?

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 12:49:01 AM »
I have tried to use that POS utility but it's like the Bear Dance; 2 snips, a snort, a fly, a turn and a grunt - it's so simple, it's like the Jitter Bug, it plum evades me!!  :tongue3:  I suppose it's like the E6B. It's easy if ya know how!

Offline AG-51_Bulldog

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 10:53:29 AM »
What the heck is TARGET the POS utility??????????? Don't think I've tried that.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 04:42:27 PM »
It came with the Wart Hog. It was the Next Gen programming software utility the TM folks provided to allow users to program the Wart Hog. I used the Foxy software with my old TM stick and got to the point where I was pretty handy with it but this new one is all Greek to me so I just program the buttons in game - which really cuts down on all the cool shit you can do with it.