Author Topic: WWII Bombing Formations  (Read 843 times)

Offline AG-51_Bulldog

• Administrator
  • Active
  • "When in doubt, Shoot!"
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
WWII Bombing Formations
« on: May 29, 2017, 11:37:46 AM »
I have been doodling with some of the new formations options in the 2.1 ME and I have got to say, maybe a little clunky at first but will be a huge time saver for setting some impressive bombing formations. They have made it much easier to set large formations. No longer do the planes need to be aligned 1 by 1 but instead we can now take flights of 4, making groups of 12 and can even combine those to one large wing. So far I have been up to 60 some. However if all 12 bombs each are released with that many A/C it could be a little bit of an FPS killer. Good news you can still have the large formations and just regulate their drops to help prevent such things... Anyways here's some test shots that I have taken while experimenting with new options!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:40:05 AM by AG-51_Bulldog »

"If you think your 6 is clear, I guess you're not thinking" ;~)

Apache600

Re: WWII Bombing Formations
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 11:49:41 AM »
That is great!   2 questions:  You happen to try this with B-52's or TU-95's?     And have you thrown an enemy A.I. into the mix to see if the bomber formations fire back or split?

Offline AG-51_Bulldog

• Administrator
  • Active
  • "When in doubt, Shoot!"
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
Re: WWII Bombing Formations
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 12:18:10 PM »
Haven't tried with any other bomber.... They do hold formation while being attacked.... Finally without a lot of trickery!!! However as of yet they do not have any defenses.... NO MG's... but I am sure that's not far out...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 02:26:15 PM by AG-51_Bulldog »

"If you think your 6 is clear, I guess you're not thinking" ;~)