Author Topic: Quick n' Dirty Training Mission  (Read 1114 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Quick n' Dirty Training Mission
« on: May 08, 2016, 07:45:08 PM »
Here is a quick n' dirty little training mission for the Pony to get y'all back in the saddle again. It is directed primarily towards the mud movers amongst us but it will also provide you with the muscle memory you need to effectively fight with this plane in any role. You're sitting in a revetment on Kobluleti down at the east end of the runway to minimize taxi time. You are loaded out with about 50% fuel and bombs and rockets. There are a bunch of static trucks and tanks lined up on the two runways of the little stage field down to the SW along the coast. Go kill as many of them as you can and return to Kobuleti to rearm and refuel as many times as necessary. Climbing out to at least 5K should give you some engine heating issues to deal with and coming back to land will present its own unique problems, and no, there is no wind in this mission. If you get to the point where you can do this several times in a row until all 20 vehicles are destroyed, then I'd say you pretty much have the Pony down cold!!  :thumbsup:

EDIT: I have replaced the previous mission with an updated one. It seems that I had the airfield associated with the Red side, not the Blue. Just download this one again and replace the earlier one with this new one.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:39:54 PM by AG-51_Razor »

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Bulldog

• Administrator
  • Active
  • "When in doubt, Shoot!"
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
Re: Quick n' Dirty Training Mission
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 07:49:11 PM »
Will let you know how it goes!!

"If you think your 6 is clear, I guess you're not thinking" ;~)

Offline AG-51_TwoLate

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
  • Never late for dinner
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 10:11:27 PM »
Thanks Razor
"We don't leave our brothers behind."

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 08:42:00 AM »
I guess I'm Improving.

Day 1 Took off, Landed, 2 killed
Day 2 Took off, Landed. 7 Killed

All strafing and no Bomb or rocket kills.

At least I'm Taking off and Landing after 8 months....

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy