Author Topic: have you guys seen these? IL-2 "1956" mods - AV8B, F-18s DAFUQ?!  (Read 2162 times)

Badger

have you guys seen these? IL-2 "1956" mods - AV8B, F-18s DAFUQ?!
« on: September 16, 2015, 07:36:52 PM »
So I was trying to find templates again for all the new modded planes - the Avengers and night-fighter versions of the Hellcat and Corsair to get us all the "same blue"

and I found this:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2182

a skin pack for VMA-214. 

which lead to here -
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,44135.0.html

now, I'm thinking this is unfortunately only for "Dark Blue World" or whatever right?  But is it really?  I don't know enough about mods or anything like that, but I know quite a few of you do.  So I thought I'd share this.  Honestly, I love IL-2.  And I doubt I'd shell out $50 to get DCS working right, then another "nickel and dime" to get the different packs like the Las Vegas one (I seriously get to fly and see my home I think).  Just God's honest truth.  It's like my PC FUBARs before, if it wasn't for my friend, I wouldn't have this one now.  It's not that I'm broke... it's that I'm wickedly CHEAP.  Like "do I want to sell my truck to get a PC?" kind of CHEAP.

I'm glad to be back... but honestly if it's more than $5, I don't count it as change.  Sorry. lol.

so, what about mods for IL-2 for F-4s, Harriers, Tomcats, Hornets, etc?  Is IL-2 bad for jets?  I don't know honestly.  I've only flown the Panther really.

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: have you guys seen these? IL-2 "1956" mods - AV8B, F-18s DAFUQ?!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 08:45:48 PM »
Razor and I have dabbled in the various "jet packs" for IL-2...and to be honest, they are lacking quite a bit.  In my opinion, we have stretched the engine as far as it will go with Korean era planes, which are already part of your AG-51 pack (thanks Hoss!).

If you want to try enabling various mods, I can help get you started, but you will need three things:

Hard drive or storage space (60 gig installs are routine, and you'll need several)
Patience (shit breaks constantly, or is incompatible, or just plain doesn't work)
Adult beverages (something to kill the pain)

Badger

Re: have you guys seen these? IL-2 "1956" mods - AV8B, F-18s DAFUQ?!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 02:00:37 AM »
Razor and I have dabbled in the various "jet packs" for IL-2...and to be honest, they are lacking quite a bit.  In my opinion, we have stretched the engine as far as it will go with Korean era planes, which are already part of your AG-51 pack (thanks Hoss!).

If you want to try enabling various mods, I can help get you started, but you will need three things:

Hard drive or storage space (60 gig installs are routine, and you'll need several)
Patience (shit breaks constantly, or is incompatible, or just plain doesn't work)
Adult beverages (something to kill the pain)

gotcha  :thumbsup:

yeah....

I'm good with what I've got then.  Lol I have two versions.  A "stock" 4.13 that will play the campaigns, and the one we use here.  I checked out DBW, but it won't cooperate with my gog version of the game (my stock one).  It was at 4.09 before I did the UP3 and DBW so I know I did that much right.  It didn't work though, and like you're saying, GOBS of HD space.

so it's gone lol