Author Topic: Looking to Install the Jet War 1956 mod  (Read 24859 times)

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: Looking to Install the Jet War 1956 mod
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2015, 10:30:21 AM »
the only mission I built so far is a dogfight, with an angled deck carrier off Pensacola...so I can try all the cool new planes!

But that carrier seems to have functioning cats and cross-deck pendants...

I'll explore more today.

ON EDIT:  I'll import the med one with Fulmars...see if they spawn with folded wings.  If not, I'll start a list for Monty.  I'll also check for hayrake in SB2C, TBD et al

T
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:32:07 AM by AG-51_Ted »

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2015, 11:40:24 AM »
Yeah, I'm working on a list also. Let's wait till Monty announces that it is officially released though, so as not to get anyone in trouble for getting us the files early.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2015, 08:20:54 PM »
Yeah, I'm working on a list also. Let's wait till Monty announces that it is officially released though, so as not to get anyone in trouble for getting us the files early.

Good Idea................. that's why yer in charge.........................

when he does release it I would re-download the CFM files again, there are some fixes in some of them already, recheck your findings and then post the results.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:21:58 PM by AG-51_Hoss »

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2015, 08:06:35 AM »
I can't figure out the catapult floatplanes.  In FMB, I set them to launch from USS Iowa, or the I-400surf just like carrier based aircraft.  I also set those ships as landing waypoints as well.

the OS2U fails to load at all, and the Sieran starts by being flung into the air, motor off, from the sea, nowhere near the sub.  I can't find the documentation for mission building with these.  Have you guys found it?  Also, I would like the documentation for AIM9 and AGM 65 missile use.  The rockets key seems to de-select them.

The OS2U works great in QMB

Having fun!  Thanks again Hoss.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2015, 10:14:46 AM »
Same here Ted, no clue how to get those planes to spawn on the catapult. In QMB, I landed the Kingfisher on the water and shut the engine down. When I tried to start it up again, I got an "engine off" message every time I hit the "I" key. Curious. Loving the J2F Duck(S)! How about that start sequence for the round motors like the AD or Corsair??!! Seems like they have a random generator that determines whether or not it's going to start on the first try. That is the most realistic thing I have yet to see in IL-2 EVER!!

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2015, 08:31:16 PM »
go to Aircraft/jets section and find the aircraft you are looking for and read the thread, there are manuals you can download for the Hornet/Harrier, and Mig-21.  the Controls section for Mod/Act JetWar is different than the one for HSFX, it has more commands from the Hot Keys mod which is part of the Engine Mod you need for Jet War...............  so look in the Controls section and do like I did and build a new profile for Jet War separate from HSFX.  And after looking the Iowa cat mod is not part of the CFM, so the cats won't work. 

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,13.0.html

Hoss
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:33:11 PM by AG-51_Hoss »

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2015, 09:39:12 PM »
Thanks!