Author Topic: Looking to Install the Jet War 1956 mod  (Read 24856 times)

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
Re: Looking to Install the Jet War 1956 mod
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 07:16:18 PM »
Keep it  clean, so if there's more than one person everybody is singin from the same sheet of music...................

SFS01.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0725zanrazfu1iv/SFS01.RAR.rar

SFS02.RAR
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6akg0931bcl0312/SFS02.RAR.rar

SFS03.RAR
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qt66wc4ov77g8i9/SFS03.RAR.rar

SFS04.RAR
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n35dbkotj83ze49/SFS04.RAR.rar

SFS05.RAR
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zijk18pcx65qc5a/SFS05.RAR.rar

SFS06.RAR
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7cu3b8eci5tmjgw/SFS06.RAR.rar

SFS07.RAR
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ln3qo00nkcxqxk2/SFS07.RAR.rar

SFS08.RAR
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9611p4ox6s5qc4e/SFS08.RAR.rar

Once you guys have these sfs.rar files downloaded make sure you have CFM01-10 and the CFM Update file (11 total)  When yer ready let me know....

Cheers

Hoss
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:15:07 PM by AG-51_Hoss »

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 04:22:38 AM »
OK, I'm all set. I've got all the CFM files, all the SFS files and the MODact file sitting in one folder next to a clean 4.12.2. What now?

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 05:30:51 AM »
I'm still fighting with Media-fag...

on edit:  The last CFM files are downloading now, but I really feel the need to rant about the shitty things that media fire does.  First of all, it's called media FIRE because it's fucking flaming gay!  I'm sick to death of the Kaptcha! shit, particularly when they mis-spell words, or ghetto-ize the usage, there is a difference in there, their, and they're.  Secondly, I now have mental scars that will forever ban me from doing business with H&R Block, or Progressive insurance, which has now achieved an even MORE prominent location on the "boycott for life" list.  Not only am I forced to watch a shitty commercial before typing in some sort of grammatically incorrect mix of ghetto slang and grunts, but now "flaming media" decides it needs to "repair my download" and I am again subjected to that no talent cow Progressive hired from the blowjob booth at the last Occupy Wall street/dirty hippie re-union. (special musical guest: Roseanna Barr!)

It's only 6 AM, and I need a drink...

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:19:06 AM by AG-51_Ted »

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 10:26:32 AM »
Flo is my Hero!!!

Why bang on her...

whoops, wrong grammer...

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Offline AG-51_Skeetr

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 11:02:42 AM »
I know your pain Ted.  All I downloaded was the manual yesterday and just spent a half hour getting rid of the pop-up crap that got slipped into my computer.  I think I'll give this a pass until I cool off.

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 12:34:20 PM »
OK, I think I'm ready....

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 03:41:11 PM »
Hmmmm I experienced non of that......................... it was all click and download, no pop-ups, no drama......................  however I used to have that problem until I reinstalled windows 7............ now it's painless................. If you are having those problems I would recommend you do the same................   

This is why I am very reluctant to put anything up on this website because of the incessant bitching and whining...................

If you would like to try it on your own unpack the SFS01-08 files into the root folder, you should have these files in the root folder once you are done

fb410_clay01.sfs
fb410_clay02.sfs

up_maps01.sfs
up_maps02.sfs
up_maps03.sfs
up_maps04.sfs
up_maps05.sfs

updbw_mapex_01.sfs
updbw_mapex_02.sfs
updbw_mapex_03.sfs
updbw_mapex_04.sfs
updbw_mapex_05.sfs
updbw_mapex_06.sfs
updbw_mapex_07.sfs
updbw_mapex_08.sfs

up_textures01.sfs
up_textures02.sfs

up_objects01.sfs
up_objects02.sfs
up_objects03.sfs
up_objects04.sfs

Then install ModAct 5.3 into the root folder, once done you will need to find the il2.selector icon (not the il2.exe) in the root folder and make sure it's set to Mod Act (it should be by default)save settings.  Then make sure it loads and works and the screen says 4.12.2 Mod Act 5.3.........

Then follow the instructions in the CFM manual and install the CFM rar's into the root folder..........................

BACKUP SYSTEM FOR #SAS FOLDER - CFM-SAS-UPDATE.RAR
Package CFM-SAS-UPDATE.RAR is your main BACKUP SYSTEM.  Installed Last; CFM-SAS-UPDATE.RAR contains the ONLY files and folders that are altered with MODS - Whether by you individually or by the CFM Team.  Restoring the entire #SAS folder exactly as it is here in CFM-SAS-UPDATE.RAR will always restore your CFM to the latest stage. - For example - When a new set, like CFM11.RAR is released, then CFM-SAS-UPDATE.RAR will also be updated and should always be re-installed last.

COMPRESSED FULL MONTY-CFM
CFM-01.RAR to CFM-10.RAR
This initial install will ONLY function with all 10 CFM Downloads UnZip/UnRAR'd into your Il2/1946 Root Directory.

FINAL CHECKLIST
Il2/1946 patched to 4:12:2m and UP.SFS files (above) already in Il2 Root Directory
LINK

SAS MODACT 5.3 Installed (just the basics, options not necessary, they are provided by CFM)
LINK

CLEARANCE READ-BACK
01-Do you have the above basic requirements for a 412 modded install?
02-Is it all running normally?
When you can answer affirmative, you are ready for CFM.

INSTALLING CFM IN FOUR EASY STEPS
Inside Il2/1946 Root Directory

1) Minus out (rename) #SAS to -#SAS (right click the mouse and "rename" put the dash - in front of the #SAS)
2) Minus out (rename) jsgmemods to -jsgmemods (Same drill, make sure you enable the Hi-Rez skins in the new jsgme folder if you want to see the Harrier and Hornets, Yak-36)
3) Check SFS_AUTO folder and remove any SFS files beginning with 'THROUGH JSGME'.  This completes the JSGME Cleanup for conversion installs. (You don't need to worry about this because you have not modded anything, leave SAS_AUTO alone)
4) UnZip/UnRAR CFM01.RAR through CFM10.RAR to Il2/1946 Root Directory.  Install in sequence and overwrite when asked. Put in CFM-SAS-UPDATE.RAR last.

New #SAS and JSGMEMODS folders will be created and are ready to play!

SAFETY FIRST
No core files from Il2 are over-written and nothing in the structure is changed so this is prefectly safe and at anytime you may revert to your previous #SAS if you wish (you won't want to)!

Easy Peasy..........................  click il2.exe icon on your desktop and off you go...............................

Once this is up and working you can install HSFX 7.0.2 over the top of this and use the IL2.selector to turn off Mod Act and enable HSFX............. by using the Classic Mod Option.  Read the SAS Mod Act Documentation folder in your Root Folder to learn all th options to the IL2.Selector gui, you can enable cache file saving and Expert mode memory usage. 

Cheers

Hoss
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:47:19 PM by AG-51_Hoss »

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2015, 04:16:42 PM »
Yeah but.....will my BOMB bay doors work????  ;)

Thanks Hoss. I'll report back once all these steps have been followed. But just to be perfectly clear, do we unzip the CFM files into the root directory twice? Or are those instructions repeated?

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 04:37:22 PM »
"If you would like to try it on your own unpack the SFS01-08 files into the root folder, you should have these files in the root folder once you are done"

fb410_clay01.sfs
fb410_clay02.sfs

up_maps01.sfs
up_maps02.sfs
up_maps03.sfs
up_maps04.sfs
up_maps05.sfs

updbw_mapex_01.sfs
updbw_mapex_02.sfs
updbw_mapex_03.sfs
updbw_mapex_04.sfs
updbw_mapex_05.sfs
updbw_mapex_06.sfs
updbw_mapex_07.sfs
updbw_mapex_08.sfs

up_textures01.sfs
up_textures02.sfs

up_objects01.sfs
up_objects02.sfs
up_objects03.sfs
up_objects04.sfs

**************************************************************************************************
After unpacking the 8 SFS files into the root folder, I find 8 folders labeled SFS01.RAR through SFS08.RAR. If I look inside of those folders, I see all the files you mention but they are not out in the open, they are inside the folders. Have I farked it up already??

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2015, 05:12:11 PM »
I have 2 X up_objects03.sfs, one in SFS03.rar, and one in SFS06.rar, but no up_objects02.sfs anywhere...Razoe, if you have the 02 file, can you post it?

thanks

T

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 05:13:03 PM »
OK, so I deleted all those folders and ran the stock game just to make sure I didn't leave anything else in there. It worked just fine. I then unpacked the SFS01.RAR-08.RAR files in the folder that I downloaded them to and then opened each one up and began copying them to my root directory. I am missing the file up_objects02.sfs and in SFS03.RAR I have up_objects01, 03, and 04. In SFS06.RAR, I find up_maps04.sfs and up_objects03.sfs. I am assuming that this should have been 02.sfs or the other one in SFS03.RAR should have been 02.sfs. So I am on hold for a bit.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 05:15:32 PM »
No I don't. I looked up in Hoss' original post and the same mistake is present there. Look at SFS03 and SFS06.

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 06:38:51 PM »
It looks like Monty may have doubled up on that file. I believe that that is a message from him to Hoss.

Offline AG-51_Ted

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 07:07:03 PM »
Hmmmm I experienced non of that......................... it was all click and download, no pop-ups, no drama...................... 

To be quite clear, the SFS files were just as you described, the CFM files required that I type in the "Kaptcha" words prior to download, I hardly think that this "Feature" of a free hosting site is at all related to a corrupted OS install, and also, most (OK...all) of my rants are tongue-in-cheek, and are intended for entertainment purposes only...

Thanks for all your work on this, I'm really looking forward to trying it,

Cheers,

T

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2015, 12:02:38 AM »