Author Topic: Possible Solution to Problems We Encountered Tuesday Night, 7 October  (Read 1800 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Read this: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,42941.0.html  I was messing around with the two machines this morning, trying to figure out what was wrong with that mission I was trying to run last Tuesday night. I found that, when hosting with my gamer, my server machine hung up on loading humans, just as Harley and Hatter did. That was when we decided to run that DF mission. When I get home this afternoon, I will take a look at my conf.ini file on the server to see what those settings are. More to follow.  :thumbsup:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Cobraj

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • 51 Group
    • Awards
Re: Possible Solution to Problems We Encountered Tuesday Night, 7 October
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 06:15:23 PM »
Your machine should be set already Razor. The server can be set to run in Dirextx too instead of OpenGL

In your IL-2 game folder you'll find a file "conf.ini". Open this in notepad (or your favourite text editor) and set these two parameters in the section

[Render_OpenGL]
TexCompress=2
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1
=Cobraj=
Air Group 51 Commanding Officer (RET)

"A faithful friend is a source of strength; whoever finds one has found a treasure."

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 08:38:33 PM »
Its very interesting. Both of my boxes had the first parameter, TexCompress=2, at =0 and the second one, TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1 was set correctly. Now, the server is the only one I am having an issue with. I changed the server's conf.ini to =2 but left my gamer alone ( =0 ). Now I can load the mission on my server as the host and I can join with my gamer no problem. This morning, I tried to join the gamer, as the host, with my server, and the server loaded up to 85% and then said it could not load the humans. Now, after changing the server's first parameter to =2, I can host from the server OR the gamer and join with the other with no issues. Go figure.

The only issue I have now is, I am not getting any sound out of my gamer. I have checked the control panel and the speakers are set as default and the game has desktop speakers selected. The sound went out on me during the game on Tuesday night.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 08:45:31 PM »
You don't need high settings on your server, run it like it was a crap computer, lowest settings, highest compression..........................

Hoss