Author Topic: "Badger" finally reporting in!  (Read 1297 times)

Badger

"Badger" finally reporting in!
« on: April 01, 2014, 04:42:02 PM »
Hey all, :angel7:

I know I was recruited months ago by Ted...

basically between laptop issues, work, life, etc... things got a bit hectic.

good news though, it's all behind me (minus the 3-year-old lol) and I now have a stable platform to enjoy IL-2 on.

right now, I'm just getting it updated to 4.12.2m, then I'll get the HSFX and Teamspeak going as well.  I'm sorry to do this, but I won't have a stick or headset til May though.  I know, I know, I'm like 6 months behind as it is, but it is what it is.

beyond that, I deadsticked in a FM-2 the other day, landed the #4 cable ;) between that, and other shenanigans, I decided this laptop can run the game like a dream (was never built for gaming btw) so it's time to get it all squared away so I can finally join you guys.

here's my computer's stats:
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64
Processor - AMD e-350
RAM - 3GB - 2.75 usable
Graphics Card - AMD Radeon HD 6310

so, for an old game like IL-2, it should, and has run the thing like a champ.   I've yet to see it go below 70fps and without my modded 4.09m version, it loads completely in about 30 seconds!  :thumbsup:

now my "soundcard" is a
Conexant SmartAudio HD
Driver Date: 2/21/2011
Diver Version: 8.54.1.0
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

so, basically my only question now is what version of Teamspeak are we using?  I'll download that ASAP as well.  My laptop has a mike, and the speakers work fine, it's just you'll have a three-year old in the background every now and again  :director: but in May, I'll be able to pick up my sweet headset and flightstick.

and as for the lack of stick is concerned... I'm hoping in online play, I can manage a Dauntless, Avenger, or Helldiver.  I need to get more practice in (when is there ever enough), but I can safely manage those planes off the deck, to a destination, back, and land them okay too.  I can trim out in about 30 seconds after takeoff, and after the payload is dropped, it doesn't take me too long to get her flying straight again.

anyways, glad to finally be here, if y'all will have me still!

fair winds and following seas
Pat "Badger" MacGrumpy lol

Offline AG-51_Animal

• AG-51 Active Roster
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: "Badger" finally reporting in!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 06:24:17 PM »
Good to see you back.  Look forward to flying with you.   :grin:
People first.  Integrity always.