Author Topic: FMB Triggers  (Read 6267 times)

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
FMB Triggers
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:33:34 PM »
Got this from the HSFX read me folder.  Triggers that can be used in FMB for mission development, they look pretty good, there's the apparition trigger, Taxi/Take off Trigger and Altitude Apparition trigger, they are all explained in the read me and there are missions you can look at and see how they are built, kind of like the taxi to takeoff mission we got with 7.0

Cheers

Hoss

Offline AG-51_Thud

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
Re: FMB Triggers
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 03:11:21 AM »
Pretty cool.

Online AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 09:29:50 AM »
Has Fireball or CobraJ looked at this yet to determine whether or not we can update without causing harm to what we're using now??

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Badger

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 06:25:58 PM »
Thanks Hoss!  :thumbsup:

I'm definitely going to go through this.  I'm trying to "fill up" Oahu, in early 1944 as we speak.  This will hopefully be a huge help figuring out how to get those PBY's to do what I want!  :grin:

Online AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 07:50:45 PM »
I have tried the taxi/takeoff trigger but have yet to get them to start up in a parking spot and taxi out. I hope it's something I'm doing wrong 'cause I'd really like to get that feature to work. The triggered a/c just appear on the runway and launch. I'll keep at it though. It's my experience that it is usually something simple and stupid that I've done (or not done) that is the culprit.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:51:28 PM by AG-51_Razor »

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 08:05:12 PM »
I guess I should give Cobraj my update of Bee's latest update of the Rabaul map, I have two missions flying from Nissan Island (US) to Rabaul.  I have 3 different trigger options in the mission and they all seem to work fine.  But I'm not sure how to give Cobraj the update since there is no Map Pack anymore....................  I'm working on a Carrier mission pack on the map now..................

Hoss

Online AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 08:29:09 PM »
Been back at it and still am unable to make the triggered AI flight start from a parking spot and staxi out to the runway and take off. They just appear on the runway at the beginning of the mission and sit there until the trigger is pulled.  :icon_scratch:

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 09:17:21 PM »
I have mine parked where they should be (Static Aircraft) and then I place the trigger (Take Off)  on the flight I made with them and it's always 100% probability, and they have worked every time.   I have experimented with 90, 80, 70% and sometimes they take off and sometimes they don't.  I believe I posted my Truk Atoll missions in Pacific Coops in the forums and I have Triggers used in both of those missions too.  They worked as advertised. 

Hoss
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:20:35 PM by AG-51_Hoss »

Online AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 12:28:47 AM »
I'll keep messing with mine until I figure out why they aren't launching from the parking spot. The probability is 100% and they are spawning on the runway at mission start.  :icon_scratch:

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 01:29:38 AM »
Send me the mission and let me look at it...................

Hoss

Online AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 01:35:14 AM »
OK it's below. It's working now, but only after changing the a/c from the La-9 to a YAK-9UT. Ran out of time and patience to check other a/c.

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 12:40:35 PM »
Tried your mission and it's the same for me.................  even tried a different map (Manchuria) and they spawn on the runway............. I sent Epervier a PM to see if he can look at it and fix it, will let you know what happens.  I may try the other guy that has stationary planes and see if his works, I'll have to get a single copy of it, his are in one huge package..........................

Hoss

Online AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »
It's just a small thing. I'll take a look at some of the others. The LA-7 works fine.

Offline AG-51_Cobraj

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • 51 Group
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 02:22:53 PM »
Updates are easy enough to MapPack. The .ini and other updated files need to be taken from all in one mod.
=Cobraj=
Air Group 51 Commanding Officer (RET)

"A faithful friend is a source of strength; whoever finds one has found a treasure."

Offline AG-51_Hoss

• AG-51 Reserve Roster
  • Active
  • Semper Fortis
  • Awards AG-51 Reserve
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 08:04:19 PM »
I sent you an update to the map pack..............................  Rabaul taxi to take off won't work on Nissan Island without it................. infact you won't be able to use it at all.

Hoss