Author Topic: ILS???  (Read 620 times)

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
ILS???
« on: March 18, 2019, 10:03:07 AM »
I am having a hell of a time getting this to work. I know that the controller for it is down on my right side console and I know that it should be just a matter of turing the power on and selecting the proper channel but I am not seeing any ILS indication on the VDI or HUD. They are both selected to display the ILS but no needles. I am concerned that I am not able to precisely turn that little knob to the correct channel number, in this case channel 11. Any helpfull hints would be appreciated.

I am building a Case III mission and I'd like to have a little more than TACAN to get me back aboard.

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.

Offline AG-51_Sabot

• Global Moderator
  • Active
  • My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
    • Awards
Re: ILS???
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 09:25:08 AM »
The ILS need to be selected in the AN/ARA-63?

Next the AWL/PCD needs to be selected in the Steer CMD

That's what I've gleaned so far

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Offline AG-51_Razor

• Administrator
  • Active
  • Awards Mission Builder CO of AG-51
    • Awards
Re: ILS???
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 10:08:29 AM »
Yeah, just got it figured out:

As you said, the ILS needs to be tuned to the proper channel,
You should be in the landing mode (bottom button of the vertical row)
The steering command (the horizontal row at the bottom) needs to be set to AWL/PCD
and your HUD and VDIs need to be selected to ILS - these are the toggles over to the right of the vertical row of buttons.

NOW it works!!  :thumbsup:

Any pilot that tells you he's never been lost is either lying or he's never been anywhere.